Re: rlocus

From: David Eduardo Gomez Noguera
Subject: Re: rlocus
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 20:42:16 -0600

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 02:05:55 -0600
"John W. Eaton" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 25-Jan-2002, Torsten Howard <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | I went and tried to do a simple rlocus this evening, but it wasn't simple.
> |
> | I'll put a transcipt at the end of the page, how do I make this work?
> |
> | octave:1> num = [1];
> | octave:2> den = [1 6 11 6];
> | octave:3> rlocus(num,den)
> | error: Asys must be a system data structure (see ss2sys, tf2sys, zp2sys)
>
> If you expect your num and den to describe a transfer function of the
> form
>
>              1
>     --------------------------
>     1*s^3 + 6*s^2 + 11*s^1 + 6
>
> try
>
>   rlocus (tf2sys (num, den))

sorry to bother here, but rlocus should return the plotted values for each k?
the manpage says [rldata,k], but when i execute rlocus, i get

num = 1
den =

   1  11  10   0

ans = [](0x0)

I wanted to do this to change the plot, as to use other colors and other
background, and connect so many dots with lines.

Or is there other way to do it?

also, help page says [rldata,k], but its declared like
[rldata, k_break, rlpol, gvec, real_ax_pts] = rlocus

any help would be appreciated.

> jwe

ICQ: 15605359 Bicho
                                  =^..^=
First, they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you
win. Mahatma Gandhi.
........Por que no pensaran los hombres como los animales? Pink Panther........
暑さ寒さも彼岸まで。
アン アン アン とっても大好き