fscanf transposes matrix

From: Martijn Brouwer
Subject: fscanf transposes matrix
Date: 30 Jan 2002 15:39:43 +0100

Hi,
I am (quite) new to octave and I am looking for a way to read an entire
matrix of measurement data from a file at once.
I now use a=fscanf(file,"%f%f",[2,Inf]) to read a file containing two
columns of numbers, but the resulting matrix is transposed compared to
the file. Offcourse, this is easily cured with a ', but it is counter
intuitive. Reading with [Inf,2] would in my opinion be better, but this
results in an one column matrix.

Any comments?

Bye,

Martijn Brouwer