mathml2octave ( a preview version and a request for help)

From: Miloslav Nic
Subject: mathml2octave ( a preview version and a request for help)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:54:00 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I tried to generate Octave  input
from MathML with XSLT and for the basic operations it proved to be a very
easy task (approx 70 elements implemented in 5 hours) .

There is quite a few other elements which seems to be rather easy to
implement if I had more experience with Octave and  my knowledge of math
was not rather rusty.

If some more knowledgeable can help me with this small project I believe
that we can have a mathml2octave filter implementing features of MathML
relevant to numerical computations in a couple of weeks.

You can download the current stage of the project at:

http://www.zvon.org/tmp/mathml2octave.zip

The master stylesheet is XSLT/mathml2octave.xslt (XSLT 1.0 compliant)

Example directory contains several simple tests

Implemented functions, operators and constants  are listed in :
http://www.zvon.org/tmp/implemented.txt

<firstName> Miloslav </firstName>
<surname>   Nic      </surname>

<mail>    address@hidden    </mail>