fzero and fmins

From: Rene Rebe
Subject: fzero and fmins
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:06:52 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

I just started to use octave (because of Matlab in the university ...)
- so some very stupid first try question:

I'm missing the fzero and fmin function (when I remember right fmin
got renamed to fminsearch in newer Matlab versions ...). Is there some
nearly equvalent replacement for them in octave?

Anyway I'm very positive suprised of the general functionallity of
octave!

Thanks.

  René Rebe

--