Re: a question about octave

From: Roberto Hernandez
Subject: Re: a question about octave
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 19:08:54 -0300

Claudio Scherer wrote:

Dear Sir

As a former user of MATLAB, I use, in long script files, to have the
system telling me
where it is, by writing values of some variables during the execution of

the programs.
In MATLAB I simple insert the name of the variable in the program
without putting
the semicolon at the end of the line. In OCTAVE this does not work. How
can I
circumvent this problem? In other words, how can I make the computer
send me
messages during the calculation?

Octave holds the output until it is ready to return to the prompt, but there are several ways to change this behavior. It's all explained in the help. Type 'help -i' and then go to the "* Input and Output::" section.

Thanks in advance
Claudio Scherer