Re: a question about octave

From: Per Persson
Subject: Re: a question about octave
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 22:59:15 +0100

Are you sure that it just doesn't page the output? Check the value of the variable page_screen_output.
On my system:

octave:30> page_screen_output
page_screen_output = 0
octave:31> for x=1:10;x,end
x = 1
x = 2
x = 3
x = 4
x = 5
x = 6
x = 7
x = 8
x = 9
x = 10
octave:32>

Also try 'octave --traditional' for Matlab-like default settings.

/Per

In MATLAB I simple insert the name of the variable in the program
without putting
the semicolon at the end of the line. In OCTAVE this does not work. How
can I
circumvent this problem? In other words, how can I make the computer
send me
messages during the calculation?

/"\  Show Your support For:            Per Persson
\ /  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign         address@hidden
 X   Against HTML Email!               aquaterm.sf.net
/ \