Is there a built-in variable that contains a function's name?

From: Roberto Hernandez
Subject: Is there a built-in variable that contains a function's name?
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 23:13:12 -0300

Hello everyone,

Is there any built in variable (such as nargin) that contains the name of the function that is being executed? I've been searching the documentation, but if it's there I haven't found it.

What I'm trying to do is to include something like this at the beginning of each function:

function foo()
    printf("%s\n", variable_containing_function_name);
    fflush(stdout);

endfunction

That way I can locate bugs a lot easier. I would rather use a variable than hard code the name in the printf statement if that's possible, just in case I later change the function name and forget to change the rest.

TIA and Happy New Year.

- Roberto