emacs info

From: Roberto Bernetti
Subject: emacs info
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:18:41 +0100

Hi,
running octave from inside emacs,I tried to use the emacs-info, getting the
following message:

octave> help -i
info: Terminal type `dumb' is not smart enough to run Info.

then i followed the instruction in appendix D.4 but unsuccesfully.
My emacs release is the SuSE linux 20.7.1 coming with gnuserv, if I put the
instruction
 (autoload 'octave-help "octave-hlp" nil t)
     (require 'gnuserv)
     (gnuserv-start)
in ~/.emacs configuration file

I get "Cannot open load file: gnuserv". Then setting

INFO_PROGRAM="info-emacs-octave-help" in octave

gnuclient: cannot connect

Thanks in advance

--
Bernetti Roberto                address@hidden