Re: automatically set path when start octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: automatically set path when start octave
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 07:59:04 -0600

On 29-Nov-2001, Dominik Baenninger <address@hidden> wrote:

| Hi Yu
|
| I put the file .octaverc in my home directory. There in you can define
| your
| pahtes by
|
| LOADPATH = ":/home1/stdfun/libo/: ...
|           :/home1/stdfun/libo/DBstd/:"

This puts a colon at the beginning and end of your LOADPATH.  That
would tell Octave to search the default path first and then (uselessly)
again at the end.  Are you sure you want that?

BTW, I think the current Octave manual has a fairly good description
of how to use LOADPATH.  There is also an index entries for "startup files".

jwe