Re: Indexing question

From: Mirek Kwasniak
Subject: Re: Indexing question
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:15:14 +0100

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 11:46:34PM -0300, Roberto Hernandez wrote:
> When I need to find the first element in a vector that meets a certain
> condition I use a combination of "find" and "min".
[...]
> If I need the first element that is > 20:
>
> min(find(a > 20))

There isn't a function for this task :(

My solution is without "min" function

i=find(a > 20); i=i(1);

Mirek

PS
Note for developers:

  Maybe it is worth to expand "find" to two arguments version, where second
  argument is a selector vector. For big size of first argument you can get
  less computation time and have lower memory usage.