semantics of sum, prod, cumsum etc.

From: adler
Subject: semantics of sum, prod, cumsum etc.
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:15:39 -0500 (EST)

Here is a question I asked previously,
but it was burried in the answer to another,
so it seems to have been overlooked.

I would like to be able to use sum(x,1) to
force column behaviour, even when ncols==1.

I'd like to submit a patch to implement this
behaviour - would it be accepted, or is the
current semantics accepted as correct?

Andy Adler,                address@hidden