Runnng Octave from Emacs in Windows

From: Craig Stoudt
Subject: Runnng Octave from Emacs in Windows
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 07:08:59 -0700 (PDT)

I'm an emacs newbie and I'm having trouble running
octave within emacs.

I'm running emacs 20.7.1 and octave 2.1.31 on Windows
NT4 (SP6).

I've edited my ".emacs" file as per the instructions
in
the octave manual.  I changed my "home" environment
variable to the path where "octave.bat" resides.

When I run emacs and open a ".m" file, octave-mod
loads, and the octave pull-down menu appears on the
windows toolbar.

When I try to use any of the debug commands, the
octave window is launched, and emacs locks up,
probably waiting for a response from octave.

Perhaps someone who has had success running octave and
emacs under Windows can help me?  Thanks.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/