Re: Optimization toolbox w/ standard installation

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: Optimization toolbox w/ standard installation
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 16:43:28 +0100

  Hello again,

  I gave the wrong url ... try instead :

  http://anonimo.isr.ist.utl.pt/~etienne/octave/uc_optim_2001.07.15.tar.gz

or

  http://viriato.isr.ist.utl.pt/~etienne/octave/uc_optim_2001.07.15.tar.gz

  My computer has had network problems lately. If people could report
  on success/failure at downloading, I'd be very grateful.

  Cheers,

  Etienne

  Hello,

  http://anonimo.isr.ist.utl.pt/~etienne/octave/uc_optim.2001.07.15.tar.gz

  Nothing new (*) on the optimization side, but the installation procedure
is standard :

  tar xvzf uc_optim.2001.07.15.tar.gz
  cd uc_optim.2001.07.15

  ./configure
  make
  make install

  If available, 'octave-config' (**) is used. Otherwise, ./configure
asks where files should go.

  There is a .cc file that is transformed into a .oct.

  The configure.in and Makefile.am can probably be re-used for other
octave toolboxes.

  Cheers,

  Etienne

(*) I've just wrapped my previous unconstrained optimization tools
     (uc_optim.2001.02.12).