Re: clues to statically building octave w/extensions?

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: clues to statically building octave w/extensions?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:45:28 -0500

> Are there any instructions/hints/clues that explain what I need to
> do to the octave sources to statically compile in my own

I used to do that (for the same reason) under SunOS, but it's been
a few years.  IIRC you simply "drop" the source files along with
Octave's original ones, and the build process automagically takes
it from there.  But I might be missing something here...

> functions?  If someone could explain how to do this with
> oregonator.cc I'll try to figure it out from there, and also will
> document the procedure for possible future inclusion in a future
> release of the octave docs.        -- Al

Very good idea. The Windows crowd needs that too because
dynamic linking doesn't work there either.

Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all signatures are totally worthless.