Re: nonlinear differential equations

From: Marc Compere
Subject: Re: nonlinear differential equations
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 22:37:46 -0500

Reinhold,

        Hi, I recently saw your posting at the Octave archive,
http://www.octave.org/mailing-lists/help-octave/2001/683.  Have you gotten
your equations solved?  I've written several ODE solvers for octave that are
free for your use & perusal.  I've also included an example that shows the
nitty gritty in simulating a simple pendulum (i.e. solving ODE).  The solvers
as well as the example can be found at:

        http://marc.me.utexas.edu/tmp/octave_ode_solvers/ode_v1.12/

        You need to write a driver m-file (which will call ode45 or lsode to
solve
your equations) and an equation m-file (that defines your equations).  The
example driver in the directory above is called pendulum.m and the equations
are defined in a file called penddot.m.  Hope this helps.

Regards,
Marc

 Marc Compere, The University of Texas at Austin
 address@hidden, (512) 826-0729,   <><
 http://nerdlab.me.utexas.edu/~compere