weird bug(?) on segmentation fault

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: weird bug(?) on segmentation fault
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:52:52 -0600

It's nice that Octave is fairly robust, and can attempt to save a
session even on a segmentation fault, but I'm encountering a strange
problem.  I haven't attempted to track the cause of the seg fault
itself, but when it occurs, octave attempts to save the session to
"octave-core".  It does this, then doesn't exit.  This is bad, because
then every single attempted command after that causes another seg fault,
which then causes Octave to try to save the session...even when the
command is "exit" or "quit".  This was an issue when I had a session
running with several hundred MB of data, which takes quite a bit of time
to save to disk.  Ideally there wouldn't be a seg fault, but why isn't
Octave exitting after it saves the session?

I'm using 2.1.33.  Has anyone else esperienced something similar?

-EJR