MySQL/ODBC?

From: Seth Northrop
Subject: MySQL/ODBC?
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 14:44:44 -0700 (PDT)

I'm very much a novice to both Octave and/or MatLab - but, I figured I
was looking for something new to learn and we have a need for some
numerical analysis..

The question is this; I know there are MatLab MySQL libraries out there to
allow it to natively chatter with a database containing data to process
and subsequently allowing it to dump results into a database.

Do similar libraries exist for Octave?  Or, what approaches do people use
to accomplish this goal (wrapping it in a C or PHP/PERL application?)

Thanks!

Seth