structures and saving

From: Al Niessner
Subject: structures and saving
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 15:21:09 -0700

OS: Linux 2.4.2 kernel
Octave: 2.1.33

There several postings prior to this one on this topic and they claimed
that saving was available for structures in 'matlab5' and 'hdf5' formats
in 2.1.31. I tried the '-mat-binary' option and it failed with:

octave:13> save -mat-binary temp.mat x
warning: save: wrong type argument `range'
warning: near line 13, column 1:

>>> save ("-mat-binary", "temp.mat", "x")

error: save: error while writing `' to MAT file
error: save: error while writing `x' to MAT file

I am guessing this is known. I tried the '-hdf5' and got an error
because it is not loaded into my library. I am fixing that now and
hoping that it works.

My real questions are, when will there be a native octave format? Is
anyone working it or is this area that would be good for me to help
with?

Al Niessner