Re: stable windows version

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: stable windows version
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:23:43 +0200

"address@hidden" wrote:
> Does anyone know where can I download the latest stable(!) windows binary
> version of Octave? (I've downloaded the 2.1.31, but it crashes with memorry
> errors.)

AFAIK you can't. The latest publicly available stable w32 binary, of
version 2.0.13, has been removed a while ago. It was a pain to get it
running anyway, as you also needed to set up Cygwin, GNUplot + a GNUplot
patch, and pipe-gnuplot yourself.

The 2.1.31 binary should run OK. If it yields errors, please report
details to the bug-octave mailing list.

A way out for you might be to install Cygwin completely and compile
2.0.16 yourself, see amongst others message #389 in this list. It is
really quite easy; because you already installed 2.1.31 and got Octave
running (at least that is what I understand), the difficult nitty-gritty
is already taken care of.
All you need to do after compiling & building is to copy octaverc from
the 2.1.31 startup directory to that of 2.0.16, then GNUplot will run
fine too.

Philip Nienhuis