gset view x

From: Stephen Soltesz
Subject: gset view x
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:18:22 -0500

Hello,

first, if there are search capabilities for the octave archive, could someone
point me to it, I've missed it on the main site.

What I'm looking for is a way around the following:
octave:87> x = 10;
octave:88> gset view x
                 line 0: undefined variable: x

how do I dereference 'x' or otherwise allow gset to be passed dynamic values?

I have just picked up Octave, so if this is a silly question, just point me
to the right chapter in the docs.

Thank you,
Stephen.

--
main(c,v)char*v;{!c?putchar(*v-1)&&main(0,v+1):main(0,"tpmuft{Avul/fev\v\1");}