Re: structure vs. vector

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: structure vs. vector
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:57:18 -0600

On 12-Feb-2001, Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> wrote:

| You wouldn't believe the contortions octave goes through to assign a value
| to an indexed vector!

It didn't seem like an easy problem to me, given the number of
constraints (there is a lot of checking involved to make sure that
operations conform, and so that type conversions happen, etc.).  But
it is definitely possible that there are better or more efficient ways
of implemeting the indexing code.

I'd be happy to listen to any suggestions for ways to improve the
situation and still have things work correctly and safely (i.e., we
have to resize correctly, or not overstep array bounds, etc.).
Working code is better, but ideas would also be useful, I think.

jwe