octave-2.1.33 on Linux/Alpha

From: Yoriaki FUJIMORI
Subject: octave-2.1.33 on Linux/Alpha
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 19:45:23 +0900

Dear All,
I am trying again to compile octave-2.1.33 on Linux/Alpha platform.
I use Compaq's ccc/cxx/fort kit. Ccc/fort can compile octave files.

As I wrote before, there is a difficulty in compiling all *.cc files.
I found that at least I have to add to cxx compile options one definition
  -D__USE_STD_IOSTREAM

This reduces a lot of error messages.  But, still I see errors like
  complex is not template

I cannot figure out why this occurs.
Is there any kind soul who went much further than I in this point?

Thanks for your attention.
Yoriaki Fujimori