Re: QLD [re: quadratic programming]

From: Mumit Khan
Subject: Re: QLD [re: quadratic programming]
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 20:36:34 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Phil Cummins wrote:

> Thanks for that information on the licensing, Mumit. Can you
> please tell me, do you actually use this routine and would
> you recommend it? Evidently, it must be reasonably good if
> Dirk also used it in his Phd thesis?

I looked at this code many many years ago, but decided against
for a variety of reasons (most of which I can't remember anymore,
but the gist was that it didn't do what we needed at the time).
I believe one of my former collaborators at Los Alamos dug up
something from inside and used that instead.

Dirk cheated -- he should've written his own, and released it under
GPL for Octave to use now ;-)

Regards,
Mumit