QLD license [re: quadratic programming]

From: Mumit Khan
Subject: QLD license [re: quadratic programming]
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:45:51 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Phil Cummins wrote:

> >Is QLD free software?  Do you know where I can find it?
>
> It is listed as free software in the references I have seen. However,
> they only say to contact Klaus Schittkowski
> (address@hidden) for more info. I have sent
> him email and will let you know what I find out.

This is what I could come up with after grepping through my files:

>> qld.f:

  c                     !!!! NOTICE !!!!
  c 1. The routines contained in this file are due to Prof. K.Schittkowski
  c    of the University of Bayreuth, Germany (modification of routines
  c    due to Prof. MJD Powell at the University of Cambridge).  They can
  c    be freely distributed

This note of course means nothing without corroboration, and I'm still
looking for a an email from Prof. Schittkowski that I'm sure I've filed
away in the most obscure folder somewhere, and quite possibly old enough
to be sitting on a CD backup.

My copy came via FSQP package from U of Maryland (Tits and Zhou I believe
are the principal investigators).

Regards,
Mumit