Basic questions regarding liboctave and dynamic function development

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Basic questions regarding liboctave and dynamic function development
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:56:49 -0600

On 30-Jan-2001, Joshua Rigler <address@hidden> wrote:

| 1) What exactly is liboctave (for what, and how is it used)? How do I
| interpret the documentation for liboctave found in liboctave.ps? (part
| of the Octave distribution docs)

The liboctave library was intended to help implement Octave.  That it
is useful for other purposes outside the Octave interpreter is nice,
but it was never really designed to be a general purpose numerical
library.  However, some people have probably found it to be useful for
other projects anyway.

| 2) Is liboctave.ps supposed to describe all functions that should be
| available to me when I write .oct functions?

No.  That document is really out of date.  It is included in the
distribution with the hope that someone will come along and fix it up
and turn it into a useful document.

jwe