Re: MPI

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: MPI
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:45:10 -0600

On  2-Feb-2001, Andy Jacobson <address@hidden> wrote:

| I'm not sure what John Eaton wants to do with such parallelization
| schemes; perhaps he is just waiting to see whether there is sufficient
| interest before committing.

I'm not sure either.  I think adding parallel capability is important,
but I am no expert, so someone else is going to have to write it.  To
have it included in Octave, it needs to generally follow the
conventions of the rest of Octave.  Otherwise, you are of course free
to distribute whatever you like as an external package (provided that
it meets the requirements of the GPL, if it is intended to be linked
with Octave).

jwe