Re: error: unable to load functions from .oct file

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: error: unable to load functions from .oct file
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:11:30 -0600

On 23-Jan-2001, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ga=EBl_Fraiteur?= <address@hidden> wrote:

| The error was:
| unable to load function from:
| /home/gfraiteur/cours/memoire/program/c/carlam/carlam_cpp.o
| ct.
|
| and the reason was that I used the flag -o with matwrap and
| the generated stub was not correct. This is corrected by
| stopping using this -o flag.
|
| It should be a good idea to give a more detailed error
| message in this case.

I'm not sure that it is possible to give a better message.  It would
be nice if we could issue detailed warnings telling you exactly what
went wrong with linking the function and how to fix it, but I believe
that the only information that comes back from the dynamic linker
typically indicates only success or failure.

But, if you have a better way, please submit a patch.

Thanks,

jwe