Re: Octave startup

From: Tom Weichmann
Subject: Re: Octave startup
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:48:18 +0000

On Friday 24 November 2000 10:11 am, Gianmarco Bruno wrote:
> Hi all,
> I know Matlab, my problem is with the NT shell !
> I need to launch Octave and execute a script at startup time.
> I've already tried:
>
> C:ŠÜ> Octave my_startup
> C:ŠÜ> Octave < my_startup
>
> These don't work. Any ideas ?
> Regards
> Gianmarco

That sounds like something that you might be able to put in your octaverc.
Otherwise - if you are using octave-windows from matlinks - open the file in
the octaveŠÜbin directory called 'start' .  It is a sh script that calles
octave so you could add whatever you need after the ....... -e octave.  When
you click on the octave icon it runs octave.bat which in turn runs start
which then executes octave in a rxvt terminal.  So the third option would be
to modify octave.bat and the start shell script to accept command line
arguements (not to hard).

Hope this helps,

--
Tom Weichmann