Some help for a Mathematican...

From: Emmanuel Lanzmann
Subject: Some help for a Mathematican...
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:13:37 +0200 (IST)

Hi,

First of all, congratulation for Octave which is really a nice
software !

I am faced to two problem (which are certainly very classical):
1) I have a file that was written with math Lab, so a "***.mat"
   file.
   I tried to open it using load -mat-binary, but it fails telling
   me :

   error: load: can't read binary file
   error: load: trouble reading binary file `xyzsimple.mat'
   error: evaluating index expression near line 21, column 1

   Is there a way to read this file ?

2) I need to import some image saved in ppm. I tried the command:
   [M,ppm]=loadimage("....") but it fails.

   How should I proceed to download ppm image ?

  Thanks a lot in advance.

Emmanuel