Compiling without f77/g77/f2c for MacOS X

From: Harald Binder
Subject: Compiling without f77/g77/f2c for MacOS X
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 20:39:15 -0800

Hi,

I am just trying to compile Octave under MacOS X Public Beta.
The problem is that a have no Fortran compiler around and the f2c I compiled
just bombs (Bus error).
Does anybody know if there is a "pre-treated" (with f2c) version around that
lets me compile it without Fortran support? As the MacOS X basis is just some
kind of BSD Unix the rest should be no great deal (at least I hope).

Thanks for your help

Harald