Installing octave in Win95

From: Jarman
Subject: Installing octave in Win95
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 14:09:48 -0700

I have followed the instructions for installing the Octave binary (first
installing gnuwin-32 tools from Cygnus Support in /cygwin).  The binary now
resides in C:/cygwin/octave/bin.  When I try to execute it (from the Cygwin
bash shell), I get the error 'A required .DLL file, CYGWINB19.DLL, was not
found.'  I installed the full package from Cygnus Support, so I am surprised
if this file is really missing.

Please respond to this address rather than to the help list.

Thanks,
Ken

 Ken Jarman
 Dept. of Appl. Math, Univ. of Colo., Boulder (303) 492-3462
    and
 Pacific Northwest National Lab (AMath, TM&S) (509) 375-6360
 http://amath.colorado.edu/appm/student/jarman/