Little patch for 2.1.31

From: etienne grossmann
Subject: Little patch for 2.1.31
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:53:22 +0100 (WEST)

  Hello,

  here is a patch for 2.1.31 which brings :

- builtin kron () function (~ five times quicker)
- exist (varname, "var") returns 1 if  varname is a variable's name,
  zero otherwise. Does not check for files, so is quicker than
  checking exist (varname) == 1.
- ftest () function, by Paul Kienzle.

  I have not included Paul's string or special matrix functions
because I have not test them extensively yet, and they are easy to
just add in the script directory. Same for the set functions, which I
did test and are correct and quicker.

  I have not included Kai Habel's new delaunay () function, based on
qhull because he will probably produce a patch soon.

  To apply the patch, insert the following step after, after having
run ./configure as the first step of installation :

  patch -p1 < octave-2.1.31.mine.patch

  Comments and suggestions welcome,

  Etienne