SVD

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: SVD
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:16:44 -0500 (CDT)

On 10-Jul-2000, BERK  GEVECI <address@hidden> wrote:

|       Did anybody test the singular value decomposition
|       with large matrices ? For a 110x110 matrix, there
|       is a very large difference between the values
|       computed by Octave and Matlab. I am beginning to
|       believe that Matlab's function has more roundoff
|       error but since it's a builtin function, I can't
|       check the algorithm.

I think you are going to have to provide a lot more information before
anyone can help you verify this, or determine whether there is a bug
somewhere.

If you think you have found a bug in Octave, please submit a complete
bug report to address@hidden  If you are not sure how
to report a bug in a way that will enable someone to fix it, please
read http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/bugs.html.

Thanks,

jwe