From: John W. Eaton
Subject: loading ascii data
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:10:22 -0500 (CDT)

On 20-Jun-2000, James Cooley <address@hidden> wrote:

| I am trying to load data which is in two colomns in a file.  load
| stuff.dat -ascii works fine, unless the format of the data changes e.g.,
|
|  0.12312432
|  0.02394435
|  2.22435344E-02
|  0.01234545
|
| This will cause an error message which says
|
| error: load: refl.dat: inconsistent number of columns near line 1335
| error: load: unable to extract matrix size from file `refl.dat'
| error: evaluating index expression near line 31, column 1
|
| any sugestions???

I can't seem to reproduce this problem using the information you've
provided.  Can you please submit a complete bug report to
address@hidden that includes enough information for
someone to reproduce the problem?  If you are not sure what to include
in a bug report so that it will be useful to someone trying to fix the
problem, please read http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/bugs.html.

Thanks,

jwe