ScaLAPACK?

From: Christopher Hamilton
Subject: ScaLAPACK?
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 19:11:23 -0400 (EDT)

I posted a question earlier and discussed this briefly with Paul
Kienzle. I am curious to any thoughts on adding the ScaLAPACK library into
Octave. Possibly adding in functions to be explicitly called using p_*
calls or implicitly using some sort of threshold based system. I have read
through the discussion on adding ATLAS calls by overwriting library
calls. ScaLAPACK appears to have a large set of LAPACK implemented with
limited changes to the calls. I was thinking that it might be possible to
add all the calls to the ScaLAPACK library and then have octave able to
run both parallel and regular LAPACK calls. There would need to be a
wrapper and config files for setting up mpi or pvm calls.

Anyone interested?

Chris Hamilton