No indexed help

From: Gerald Marewo
Subject: No indexed help
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:01:48 +0200

Firstly, I would like to thank John Eaton for sending me a patch to
fix the problem of 'clc' and 'home' not actually clearing the screen.

One other problem I still have with octave 2.0.16 is that it seems
I cannot get any indexed help by typing the following
        help -i command
where command is any valid octave command. The funny thing is that
if I leave out the argument 'command' I get help pages in which I
cannot access the 'menu' section; always skips this part when I go
from one section to another using the 'n' or the 'p' key(s).

I should also note that typing
        help command
does work and it advises me to use the command `help -i <topic>'
to search the manual index, which gives the following output.
        no entries found

Any form of help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gerald.

--
Gerald Marewo address@hidden using dvipsk-5.58f
DVIPS  HomePage: http://www.radicaleye.com/dvips.html  Latest version: