Re: How unstabel is unstabel

From: A Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: How unstabel is unstabel
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 14:55:31 -0500

At 1:07 PM +0200 5/23/00, Bo Jakobsen wrote:
Hello

I have used octave fore some time now, and now I thought that it was time
to try the unstable version. But how unstable is it, can you trust
calculations done in it (if the program doesn't crash).

I've been using the bleeding edge release for several years now.  It's
"stable" in the sense that it works, but one has to keep their eye on the
help-octave mailing list as bugs are located in new features.

Another question is about the documentation, I have seen that the .m files
includes some texinfo code, is that used to generate the big postscript
manual (and HTML) or how updated is that documentation

I hope that this questions aren't to stupid :-)

Documentation in question is as up to date as the authors have made it;
that's not being evasive, it's the nature of the beast.  However, contributors
(and CVS archive maintainers) tend to be fairly careful to keep their code
in good shape.

I use it for nearly all my work; I hope that's a reasonable endorsement.

:-)
--
A S Hodel Assoc. Prof. Dept Elect and Computer Eng, Auburn Univ,AL 36849-5201
On leave at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (256) 544-1426