Matlab 5 file format help needed

From: Roger G.M.P. Koumans
Subject: Matlab 5 file format help needed
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 19:33:10 -0700

Is it possible to import Matlab 5 .mat files into Octave. I have been able to
import  files when saving them as version 4 with the -V4 option. However,
in Matlab 5 I have a multi-dimensional array (for example set with
zeros(2,2,2,2). Matlab won't let me save this in a version 4 format. Is it
possible to import multidimensional arrays into Octave??

Or are any C-routines available to get this kind of data in a format that can
be used in Octave. I noticed that octave does not know the command
zeros(2,2,2,2). Seems it only supports zeros(2,2). Is Octave able to handle
multidimensional arrays at all??

Hoping for some suggestions......

 --
Roger G.M.P. Koumans
Quantum Electronics and Ultrafast Optics Laboratory

California Institute of Technology
Mail code 128-95
1200 East California Boulevard
Pasadena, CA 91125