Operations on bits in Octave, scramblers. (quite urgent)

From: Paul Ortyl
Subject: Operations on bits in Octave, scramblers. (quite urgent)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 23:17:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

        I have to write and test scrambling algorithms.  That's why I need bit
operations.  I know, that writing eg. [0,1,1,1,0,0,1,0] works, but these
numbers are floats and it lasts *very* long for single operation (XOR, AND, <<
, >>)

Are there already implemented 8,16,32... bit word operations of this kind?

OR... how to implement it...  (but I'm really short of time)

I've found bit{and,cmp,or,max,set,shift,get,xor} functions in Matlab(5)
function reference.

Thanks In Advance,

        Paul

PS0: Have anyone any (electronic) literature or links on scramblers?  Any
        hints are *VERY* welcome.
PS1: Why documentation from www.itu.int is nonfree?!?!  (ETSI is free, but
        I couldn't find there anything useful about scrambling...)

---
Paul Ortyl <mailto:address@hidden>
  Technical University of Gda?sk, Telecommunications Faculty
For more information check http://from.pl/~ortylp