Bleeding edge control toolbox: pzmap for discrete systems

From: Thomas Hoffmann
Subject: Bleeding edge control toolbox: pzmap for discrete systems
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:07:50 +0200 (METDST)

As I saw Mr. Howdel answering a question I will quickly jump in and
ask a question regarding the control toolbox:

I tried to get a first idea of the workings of control systems and came
across some texts which use MATLAB for practical demonstrations. Now I
tried to use Octave for these exercises, which works well after one gets
accustomed to the use of "sys" structures.

Now I found that MATLAB maps pole zero maps for discrete systems in a plot
with natural frequency and damping contours.
Can I do something similar in OCST?

Minor question: Can I mimic the dstep() function of MATLAB easily in OCST?

Thanks,
Thomas.