Re: Information!!! please

From: A Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: Information!!! please
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:15:12 -0500

Mr. Villalobos:

Octave does not have it's own plotting routines.  In its distributed
form, it requires gnuplot, distributed by darmouth university, for
plotting.  If gnuplot was not in your path on your machine
when you compiled octave, then octave does not know how to run
gnuplot.  I think you can fix this by setting the gnuplot_binary
variable in octave.  Alternatively, re-run configure, make all, and
make install in the octave source directory.

Take a look at your octave manual (or the web
pages) for further information on gnuplot and octave.