Re: Mumit Khan's plotting patch

From: Mumit Khan
Subject: Re: Mumit Khan's plotting patch
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 01:20:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Tomas Suda wrote:

> I'm Tom from Prague, Czech Republic. I've recently installed Octave, but
> cannot get to the www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan page, where the patch
> (announced in the instructions for installing Octave under Windows, gnuwin32
> B18) fixing the plotting problems s
hould be. Please, can you get there for me and send it to my address as a
attachment or just let somebody know to do so?

My apologies for updating my web page. Someone else has written a
pipe-gnuplot application that does most of what's needed with the
stock gnuplot.

Cygwin b18 may work, but I don't know. Current distributions support
Cygwin b20.1, and if you use my gcc-2.95.2, it builds the stable
Octave releases out of the box. Please see Octave web site for more
information.

I'm going to take some in the near future to "DLL'ize" Octave so that
the .oct files are of reasonable size, but it's going to take some
work.

Regards,
Mumit