Matlab function to read BMP, TIFF or GIF files

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: Matlab function to read BMP, TIFF or GIF files
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:17:17 +0100 (BST)

 > Does it exists m files to read BMP, TIFF or GIF files into Matlab ?
 > Thanks for help

I'm not aware of any octave/matlab implementations at the moment.  If
there is sufficient demand for reading/writing images in different
formats, one approach might be to bundle the PBMPLUS routines into an
.oct file.  See the links:

http://www.acme.com/software/pbmplus/

There already exists a library for doing this:
http://www.acme.com/software/libpnmrw/

I think the PBMPLUS conversion software is excellent.  Copyright
doesn't seem to be a problem either.

Stephen