Re: Compile error

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Compile error
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 22:56:16 -0600 (CST)

On  3-Mar-2000, John E.Garrott Sr <address@hidden> wrote:

| In the last post, I forgot to mention that
| I was trying to compile octave-2.0.16.
| Sorry.
|
| Further developments.  Version 2.0.14 compiles,
| installs, and runs.
|
| 2.0.15, 2.0.16 do not.  The offending line
| is in sysdep.cc, line 64.  This was added
| in the patch from 2.0.14-2.0.15.
|
| By simply commenting it out, everything
| seems to work.  However, I have difficulty
| believing that the change was made for
| no reason.
|
| Can anyone who knows what they're doing with
| the code comment on this?  What are the
| consequences of dropping this line?

I don't think it is necessary to include termcap.h in that file now,
if

#if defined (HAVE_TERMCAP_H)
#include <termcap.h>
#endif

are the lines in sysdep.cc that are giving you trouble.

But if the C++ compiler on your system can't compile the original
sequence of include files in sysdep.cc correctly, I suspect there is
either a bug in the headers or the compiler.

jwe