Re: how to make plot's y axis range larger?

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: how to make plot's y axis range larger?
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 03:04:00 +0000

Shih Lin wrote:

> Dear octave expert:
>
>    when I tried sinc(x) , -10<x<10, , the y value near x=0 was be trancated,
> (no show to -1 or 1), how do I make it visible?,'

does "NaN" means something to you? It means "Not A Number", and you can
get it, e.g.,  when you divide a zero by zero, so sin(0)/0 gives a NaN,
that gnuplot can't plot.

To "avoid" it, avoid the use of '0', as in  x=linspace(-10,10,100);
y=sin(x)./x; plot(x,y) or, better, use the function 'sinc',
plot(x,sinc(x)).

Eric, you should do your homework alone :-)

Joao

PS-Eric, why does sin(x)./x does a different plot than sinc(x)?