Re: Linewidth and colors

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: Linewidth and colors
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 00:38:05 +0000

Lukas Richterek wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> excuse me, if my question is stupid, but I din not find an anwer neither in
> on-line help nor in manual.
>
> My question is:
> Is there any possibility to set linewidth for two- and three- dimensional
> plots (or meshes) in octave (in the same way like in Matlab or GNUplot)?
> And is there any possibility how to set a color for mesh?

Try invoking gnuplot from the command line and asking for help. Then,
you can use Octave 'gset' to set the option you want. E.g.:

[jcard] gnuplot

        G N U P L O T
        Unix version 3.7
        patchlevel 0

Terminal type set to 'x11'
gnuplot> help set line
Each terminal has a default set of line and point types, which can be
seen
 by using the command `test`.  `set linestyle` defines a set of line
types
 and widths and point types and sizes so that you can refer to them
later by
 an index instead of repeating all the information at each invocation.

 Syntax:
       set linestyle <index> {linetype | lt <line_type>}
                             {linewidth | lw <line_width>}
                             {pointtype | pt <point_type>}
                             {pointsize | ps <point_size>}
       set nolinestyle
       show linestyle

etc...

I think that you can't set the linewidth for X11; however, when you
print your plots they will have the correct linewidth

Joao