Re: Numerical Methods

From: Vivek Shanmuganathan \(95410006-BS\)
Subject: Re: Numerical Methods
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 17:06:05 +0530 (IST)

What do you mean by EDO/EDP?

Octave provides two solvers for differential equations.

lsode : For ordinary differential equations (ODE) of the
        explicit form y' = f(x,y)

dassl : For differential algebraic equations (DAE) or
        implicit ODE of the form f(y', y, x) = 0

Prime (') implies derivative wrt the the dependent variable x.

However, I use RADAU5 from a C-programmed and find it
faster, and use Octave just verify the results of my code.

Vivek...