Re: Suggestion: add do-enddo(condition)

From: David Doolin
Subject: Re: Suggestion: add do-enddo(condition)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:14:39 -0500

In message <address@hidden>, "John W. E
aton" writes:
>On 19-Oct-1999, Thomas Walter <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>| for some programing logic, I want to suggest to add a
>|
>|   do
>|   enddo (CONDITION)
>|
>| to the octave interpreter.
>|
>| Pros and cons?
>
>Do you expect this to execute the loop as long as CONDITION is true,
>with a minimum of one trip through?  If so, then I think
>
>  do
>  while (CONDITION)

Maybe

   do
   until (CONDITION)

I would probably find a way to use any form of this, so I don't
really care one way or another.  If I were going to implement
it, I would use the form easiest to parse (which may not be
using `while').

FWIW, in a current code I have a couple of do whiles  nested in
a for loop.  So it can be very handy once in a while.

Thanks,

Dave D