Re: Legends

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: Legends
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:40:07 -0600

> on 1/26/00 1:20 PM, Douglas Sturim at address@hidden wrote:

> I have been over the octave manual and the gnuplot manual and I still
> have not found to change the text of keys.  I did find a 1998 help
> message but I would like to change the text of the key after the plot is
> formed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug

I don't think this can be done with gnuplot.  Due to gnuplot's details, the
MATLAB/Octave plotting commands are not compatible, e.g.,

MATLAB:
    plot(x,y,'-', ...);   % This must go first
    xlabel('X value')
    ylabel('Y value')
    legend('Item 1', 'Item 2', ...)
    etc.

Octave:
    xlabel("X value");
    ylabel("Y value");
    etc.
    plot(x,y,"-;Item 1;", ...)   # this must go last, or use replot() after
                                 # xlabel, etc.)

Octave is as MATLAB compatible as practical, but is not a MATLAB clone.

--
A S Hodel Assoc. Prof. Dept Elect and Computer Eng, Auburn Univ,AL
36849-5201