Re: reshape in Octave

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: reshape in Octave
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 12:53:30 -0600

> on 1/24/00 12:23 PM, Neil Ottenstein at address@hidden wrote:

> reshape in Matlab 5.3 allows the following line:
>
> ppoly2=reshape(fread(fid,273,'float64'),[3,13,7]);
>
> unfortunately, Octave only allows a reshape command which reshapes to an mxn
> as opposed to an mxnxp
> matrix.
>
> Do any quick fixes come to mind?  I believe I am working with Octave 2.0.14.
> It was obtained in November.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neil

Octave does not (directly) support multidimensional arrays.  A kludge around
this would be to use the (one-dimensional) list data structure in the
bleeding-edge release, but this would require writing your own reshape to
treat a list of 2-d arrays  (or a list of lists of one-d arrays).

THe subject of multidimensional arrays was discussed last fall on the
help-octave mailing list; you can read the thread at the archives at
http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/

--
A S Hodel Assoc. Prof. Dept Elect and Computer Eng, Auburn Univ,AL
36849-5201